Welcome to Shifts Happen
The podcast where workforce matters
As part of our day to day business we get to have really interesting conversations with CEOs, Workforce planners, Chief Operating Officers, and all manner of other people involved in managing shifts, teams and entire workforces.
We realised sharing these conversations could be really useful. And definitely a lot easier than writing a whitepaper or producing a benchmarking report, plus hopefully more interesting.
By sharing in conversation insights and ‘how we did this’ examples you can hear what’s working (and not) and take that back to your own business or organisation and use it right away.
Hear more about…
- how to cut temp spend and build up your own bank of staff
- how to switch from static staffing and move to a dynamic staffing
- how to handle increased demand for flexible working, balanced with growing great teams
- managing changes to everything that impacts your workforce – economy, environment, demand, and pandemics!
- the future of work and how to expect the unexpected
…you’re in the right place.
Here’s where Shifts Happen.
Welcome to Episode #5 of Shifts Happen with Dr. Deep Shah.
Dr. Deep J. Shah, M.D., M.Sc. is a board-certified primary care physician and executive at Gwinnett Clinic, a pioneering primary care and multi-specialty medical practice in metro Atlanta. Gwinnett Clinic has been a market leader in COVID-19 testing, treatment, and vaccination. Dr. Shah was recently tapped to serve on a COVID-19 task force by U.S.
In this episode, we talk about:
– UK experience of using Primary care is working well – US could learn from this!
– Having the right people do the right work makes a big difference – here its physicians and clinical staff from primary care delivering vaccinations who can provide wider healthcare at the same time.
– Build in agility to your plans – with changes in supply (vaccine) and staff you need to be able to respond – Meet your customers/patients where they are. Instead of building something new, take your service and teams out to communities.
– Don’t re-invent the wheel. If there is already infrastructure and teams in place – look at how to add to those – build in flexibility (or a dynamic workforce) where a workforce already exists.
Learn more about the content discussed in this episode:
- Connect with Dr. Berkey via LinkedIn here.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.